Study Abroad Storage
Designed for UMD students traveling abroad for the summer and the fall semester.
Four free boxes and tape.
We pick up your boxes in front of your dorm.
Your items are stored in safe, climate-controlled storage facility.
Retrieve your items from our on-campus UPS Store location with 48 hours notice.
How Study Abroad Storage Works
Pick up four free boxes and tape at The UPS Store
- Pick up your boxes from The UPS Store beginning May 1.
- Our large sturdy boxes (18″x18″x18″) provide enough space for most students.
Choose your own personal pick-up time
- Pick up scheduling begins May 1.
- Schedule your pick-up anytime until May 11.
- Pickups scheduled every fifteen minutes for your convenience.
We pick up your boxes in front of your dorm
- Our staff will meet you at the front of your dorm at your scheduled time. (Meet inside dorm lobby if raining.)
We label, inventory, and store your boxes
- Your belongings will be stored in a safe, climate-controlled warehouse.
EXTRA STUDY ABROAD STORAGE:You can obtain additional storage space by purchasing more boxes or using your own. Additional boxes are charged $180 for the entire nine month storage period. This rate is based on our standard Large, 18x18x18″ cubed box. Extra Large boxes will cost more, smaller boxes will cost less.
Receiving/Picking Up Your Storage
Retrieve your items whenever you want.
- Contact us 48 hours in advance to make arrangements to return your belongings. Hours of storage return are Monday-Friday from 9:00-5:00.
- Pick up your storage for free at our on-campus store, or have us deliver it to you off campus. (See off-campus delivery info below).
Off Campus Delivery
- Off-campus delivery is available for students living within a 4-mile range from the main campus – for FREE.
- Arrangements for delivery must be made 48 hours in advance. We provide a three hour delivery window — don’t worry, we are very punctual.